photo Runnaway.jpg

aboutchatlinksarchivesfeedback


Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Never Going to Fake It @ 3:16 PM


As the shadows casted by the candlelight flicker across my ceiling I can’t help but allow myself to slip into the creative mindset. The sultry voice of William Fitzsimmons floats through my speakers mixed with the warm tones of his acoustic guitar. The smell of caramel and pecans fills my senses as the scent from the candles waft throughout the room. They say that between the hours of nine and eleven are when you are most creative- and in this instance they may be correct. I find it easiest to express myself in the written word. Black and white I pour my thoughts and heart onto the paper that lie before me. It wasn’t always this way, photography used to be my best means of expression, but with everyone picking up a camera recently I feel the need to change my outlet.

As for what is weighing heavily on me tonight- submission. We continually push the envelope, regardless of the fact that every red flag has presented itself. Forcing an issue until it becomes worse than the original situation was. It is much like picking at a scab until it becomes infected- left alone it would heal much quicker. Why is it that we have such a hard time letting go; clinging so tightly to our children, our political views, or simple argument with someone? Christ has called us to submit ourselves to Him, and in doing so, to one another. Letting go of our pride and selfishness is the only way we can truly and completely surrender ourselves to God.




Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


the art of uncertainty.
i shall be telling this with a sigh
somewhere ages and ages hence:

two roads diverged in a wood, and i -
i took the one less traveled by,

and that has made all the difference.