photo Runnaway.jpg

aboutchatlinksarchivesfeedback


Saturday, September 3, 2016
Say Something @ 6:54 PM


"Sometimes words are nullified by saying too much."

Reconciliation.  1. The restoration of friendly relations.  2.  The action of making one view or belief compatible with another.  Reconciliation is an attempt to restore a relationship whether the person who was hurt or did the hurting desires to do so.  But when does the idea of reconciliation go out the window?  When something is broken how many times do you glue it back together before you can't anymore?  When is the appropriate time to discard the item or buy a new one?  When is it time to be happy again?  We can only reconcile so many times before it's time to mourn the relationship and move on.  How many times can compromises be made in an attempt to resolve things?  There is no definitive answer to these questions and every situation is different.

When did I start to loose myself?  I felt as if I was drowning for a while and that your hand pulled me out.  But at the same time we jumped into a new ship that began to sink.  That hand was no longer there to pull me from the water but to drag me down into it.  I traded one group of problems for another and didn't even realize it.  I have become someone I don't recognize and I can't stand to look at myself any longer.  Aren't relationships supposed to bring out the best in people?

I watched my friend, diagnosed with stage four cancer, die.  I watched how her husband treated her and cared for her in her last days.  I watched as this couple handled the finite reality of their marriage with grace and love.  I watched as this now widowed father of two continued to speak highly of and mourn his wife.  We are not promised perfect days, we are promised strife and adversity.  How you react to the situation is what truly matters.  Will you handle them with passivity, anger, harsh words, or will you handle them with love, building one another up, and action?

How in the most mundane of situations like life can we be so downright mean?  Why does something like a health issue or emergency grasp at our attention and cause us to care?  Shouldn't there be a constant passion?  Shouldn't there be a constant pursuit?  When does one sided love say to complacency, "Goodbye?"


"There is beauty in walking away."



Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


the art of uncertainty.
i shall be telling this with a sigh
somewhere ages and ages hence:

two roads diverged in a wood, and i -
i took the one less traveled by,

and that has made all the difference.